Charm, Character And Style On The Corner Of Laurel Bank Parade
Set on an outstanding 702m2 approx block, this excellent Edwardian home, featuring a sophisticated renovation is a charming blend of original and new. Located in the heart of Newtown, the property is surrounded on the Laurel Bank Parade and Pakington Street sides by a magnificent old growth hedge providing excellent privacy, and the same time allowing beautiful natural light to the home.
Upon entry, this Edwardian home opens up to impressive polished floorboards, high ceilings and large architraves. The home retains many of the original features and sense of history including a wraparound front verandah, lead windows and fanlight to the entry door. Original rooms with fixtures and fittings in excellent condition and sympathetic to a home of this period, while recent additions and specification enhancements over recent years have been developed to accommodate 2 family living areas. An impressive original living room that has beautiful views of greenery and a large rumpus/living and dining area at the rear of the home. This is supported by a beautiful elevation of east facing full height French doors that capture morning sun and natural light. Wall unit air conditioning is provided to this area. The rear east facing undercover verandah is excellent for outdoor entertaining and BBQs looking over a beautiful traditional landscaped garden that is well maintained. Outside, the property has a freestanding studio/pool room with integrated laundry. This studio is an excellent retreat with TV connection.
The kitchen has been tastefully finished off with 900mm freestanding Ilve oven with gas cooktop and integrated range hood extract, stone bench tops with freestanding island bench that accommodates a Fisher Paykel dishwasher and overhead cupboards.
This family home consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 consisting of BIR’s and original fireplaces offering a sense of warmth. A refreshed bathroom and shower and further additional w/c.
Other features include:
• Updated 4G GPRS alarm system, excellent security with deadlocks and windows locks throughout
• A new colourbond roof to the addition of the home, including the external studio and garage roofs
• Solar roof panels
• Located for the surrounding private schools, cafes, shops and GP and a brief walk to the Railway station
• A single garage and pergola for a second car is accessed via Laurel Bank Parade, providing secure off-street parking and entry to the property
• Downlights to all recent additions including the studio and garage
• Merbau decking
• Off street access from Laurel Bank Parade via an automated gate
• Beautiful traditional conservatory connected from the new living/ dining room via arch timber doors
• Hydronic heating.